Do you have a casino or gaming site that you need a logo for? Your logo is important. It tells people what you are about long before the customer tries out your brand or products. It may be the first thing people see when they are searching for casinos or gaming sites online. So it needs to express the fun atmosphere and environment of a casino or gaming business.
The Goal of a Gaming Site
The goal of a casino or gaming site is to entertain people. Their target audience is people who want to escape from the everyday humdrum of life, make friends online through the gaming sites, or just hang out and see if they can win something.
There is a psychology to this kind of site that focuses on putting in a lot of time in the hopes of an occasional payout. People know that the odds are against winning over the long term, but they also know that, the longer they play, the higher their chances of winning.
In a sense, gaming and casino sites mirror life. We are aware that we are not always going to win, but we want to keep playing the game for the occasional reward.
So how do you emphasize all of this in your branding?
One way is to create a fun logo that invites people to try your site. Have you thought about creating a caricature that represents your brand?
A caricature is a cartoon-like image that represents your company or brand. It can also represent you if you want to be the focus on your logo. But many business owners prefer to come up with some mascot or character instead that is removed from their image.
Using Text to Convey Meaning
Some casino or gaming sites just use text to create excitement for their brand. At Addictinggames.com, they created red lettering that is bold and attracts attention to their brand in a unique way. To see even more design examples, check out our gallery of gaming application logos.
The Gamespot site at Gamespot.com uses both text and graphics to emphasize the game-playing genre. It features circular shapes surrounding the logo title with a particular emphasis on the “o” in Gamespot to indicate hitting the jackpot or winning a game point.
GameFront, a similar platform to Gamespot, shows the “Gamefront” title in plain bold text and features a joystick that resembles the days of Atari in the middle. This kind of logo appeals most to arcade lovers who have fond remembrances of their days as a youngster playing “Centipede,” “Pole Position,” or “Pong.”
Don’t Date Yourself and Your Brand
You do have to be careful when choosing your logo because you don’t want to “date” your logo or brand unless you intend to do so. The Gamefront people probably wanted to cater to the older group of 40-somethings who like using the joystick and make an association to the first gaming platforms.
The joysticks of today barely resemble those of the past, though. And since Gamefront has several “modern” games on their site, the logo is a bit confusing as to who their demographics of their audience are. However, there is a significant crossover between ages at times, and we cannot determine what someone will like strictly based on their age. Also, the joystick is a universal symbol of platform games and onsite gaming so it does serve its purpose, even if it could use some modernizing.
One element that a gaming site should certainly be aware of is the quality of their graphics within their site and their logo. Gaming is a graphics business. Casino sites also need to be mindful of the way people like all of the “bells and whistles” when they play casino games. Their logo should reflect this in their design.
So if you are a gaming site and you need to create a logo for your site, here are a few things to ask yourself:
- Are you more a casino or gaming site?– It is important to define who you are as a site. Are you more about the casino side or basic gaming? What is the function of your site for your customers? Do they have to pay to use your site or is it free? These things should all be considered and factored into the way that you create your logo and display it to the world.
- Do you focus on a particular genre or type of game?– If you are a gaming site, is there a particular type of game that you feature the most. For example, do you feature war type games, simulation games, or other types? You want your logo to represent your site in the best way possible and give people an idea of what you’re about and what they will be doing on your site.
- Do you consider your site to be fun?– If you are a gaming or casino site, you should consider your site to be fun and entertaining. This is one of the most important aspects of your gaming site for your guests. How do you want to depict the fun environment of your gaming site within your logo? This is an important question and one that you need to answer before planning your gaming site logo.
- What do you emphasize about your business?– Is there a particular aspect of your business that works best for you? If so, how will you show this in your logo? You could create a fun character or caricature but how will the character look? What expression will he have on his face? It should probably be a happy smile because he hopes to win, right?
- How much revenue do you make from your gaming site?– If you make a lot of money from your gaming site, this is all the more reason to make your logo unforgettable. Branding is important, no matter what type of business you have online. But gaming sites are inherently assertive in their approach and beckon people to come to your site to play constantly. That is why it is so important that your logo illustrates the fun atmosphere that your gaming site provides.
Okay, that gives you some things to think about. See some examples of our work here. It may give you some ideas too. It’s always good to ask yourself questions before you start on any project that involves your brand. Your logo is one aspect of your branding that ‘s hard to remove from people’s minds once you put it out there, especially for a niche like a gaming site that is so overt, to begin with!
Sketch out an idea first.
One good place to start might be to sketch out an idea with a paper and pencil. The old-fashioned paper and pencil is a way just to let your mind flow freely with ideas to see what you can come up with.
Consider the things we mentioned in this post and try to capture the most important elements of your gaming site.
Then contact us for a free quote and we’ll get started designing your logo.
LogoDesignTeam.com takes a customized approach to your logo so that we can create a logo that will actually capture what your site and business are about.
We “gamify” the whole process so that it’s fun for you too!