Your logo is important to your business. It symbolizes your brand and your company’s ideals and is often the first thing you see when searching for a company’s website online. For this reason, it is critical that you create a custom logo for your mobile app for your brand.
A custom logo should reflect your brand in the same way that all of your other branding does online. People should get used to seeing your brand, company name, website, YouTube channel, and other aspects so that they know they all represent your name. Part of this important branding process is to create the best mobile app and mobile app logo that will complement your website, brand, and company in the best way possible.
The Need to Go Mobile
With so many users moving to mobile devices as their way to shop, browse, share, and post content online today, it is important that businesses create a logo that will work with a mobile app. It’s best to have a mobile logo as soon as possible, so users will get used to seeing your brand in this format.
Netflix Changes Their Logo for Mobile Users
A good example of a good choice of logo design is Netflix, a company recently acquired by Mark Cuban and some of his business partners. Netflix has come out with a brand new logo that features only a simple red “N” on a black background. This article explains that the new “N” does not replace their original logo. Rather it just serves as a secondary icon that the company uses as their mobile app logo. Their previous logo featuring their entire brand name was too large to act as an icon. They needed branding that allowed them to carry their well-known logo into the mobile environment, and the new logo serves them well.
When considering how to design your logo for the mobile app environment, there are a few things to keep in mind.
Tips on Designing your Logo for a Mobile App
- Study your company brand and think about what you want most to capture for your mobile app. Your mobile app logo, just like your company logo and brand, should capture the most important aspect of your brand. Think about your branding and which aspect you want to promote. Remember that your app icon is the first thing people will see when they are searching for apps online. It will also be located on your main website if you promote it this way. So it should reflect your brand well and be something that you are happy with for the long-term.
- Think about the colors and lettering that best identifies your brand. Look at your website and consider which colors will best reflect your company philosophy and ideology. You may want to experiment with different colors before deciding on your colors.
- Look at other app logos from your industry. It sometimes helps to look at other app icons and logos from others in your industry, including your competitors. If these apps get a lot of downloads, this may be an indication that their design is a good one. You could consider emulating some of the best aspects of other logos, as long as you create a completely original icon and app for your business.
- Use a graphics program to practice sketching out possible logos. Experimentation is the best way to come up with the best choice for your logo. Using a graphics program will various designs and colors will help you to focus on what is most important to include in your app icon.
- Create a prototype and use surveys to get audience opinions. By asking your audience which logo they prefer, you may gain some insight on which one will work on a larger scale.
These ideas may help you to experiment with various ways to create your logo for your mobile app. Feel free to try them out. But remember you need to make sure the result has a professional look so that it represents your company in the best way possible.
Options for Creating Your Mobile App
Once you have created your icon for your mobile app, you will need to find the right platform or software to create your app icon. What type of solution should you use to do this? Here are some of the ways that you can create your app and logo. Keep in mind, though that these solutions are going to be limited to the way that they are designed by the platform owners.
One option to create your app logo is to use an online editor. These pre-formatted software platforms allow anyone to create an app logo and app with minimal technical experience. They tend to be very easy to use, and some are free of charge. The problem with these solutions, though, are that you do not have total creative freedom. You have to use the graphics, colors, fonts, and other aspects that are found on the platform you are using. This may limit your ability to use certain colors or other elements that are not available on the platform.
Freelance Graphic Artists
Some business owners choose to outsource the job of creating a mobile app logo to a graphic artist. This can sometimes work, provided you find a highly-skilled, professional graphic artist expert. However, it is important that they understand the most important components that you want to include. Freelancers vary in their ability and experience in app and logo creation. Whether or not you get one that will do what you need depends on some factors.
Another solution is to learn to code. By learning HTML 5 and other well-known app design programming language, you could create an app, as well as the mobile app icon logo all with code. However, this method is very time-consuming, and most business owners do not have the time to devote to learning code and creating an app and logo from scratch. So this is why it is often best to entrust this task to an established company.
Hire a Professional Logo Design Team
When it comes to your business, you don’t want to leave anything to chance. By trying to create the logo yourself, limiting yourself to an online template, or hiring it out to a freelancer, may not be the best solution. When you are really serious about creating a custom-designed app icon logo for your business, you need to obtain the services of a professional design team.
That’s where we come in.
Logodesignteam.com has been creating top-quality logos for businesses for years, and we can help you create the perfect logo for your mobile app, as well.
The online world is swiftly moving toward a mobile-only environment. It may take awhile to get there, but it is already predicted that by the year 2019, there will be 2 billion users on mobile devices. This means that it will be more likely to find your business in the mobile environment than online on standard websites.
For this reason, you should also make sure that your business website is optimized for mobile devices. You need your main website to work seamlessly with your mobile app and feature a download link straight to your mobile app.
By integrating your mobile app with your main website, your presence online in the mobile environment will increase and people will become more integrated with your brand.
Because- We do it Right, We do it the best possible way! Contact LogoDesignTeam today!