If you are an entrepreneur, the first thing that should be on your mind is making potential customers aware of the products and services offered by your organization. And you will of course turn to internet marketing being a technologically upgraded enterprise. But with so many doors available, with email marketing and social media marketing being the largest of them all, which will you opt for?
The Pros and Cons of Email Marketing
So, what is exactly meant by the term email marketing? Email marketing refers to the strategy that involves marketing via a commercial message sent to a group of users with the potential of turning into a customer, promoting the products and services of the organization. So, what are those aspects that make this strategy so much sought after?
• The first and the foremost advantage of this strategy is that it is absolutely free of charge. Entrepreneurs can let people know about your business without spending a single buck.
• It is also easier to estimate the success of this strategy within a short period of time by merely keeping a record of the click through rate.
So, what are those factors of this strategy that creates the brows of business people?
• Creating an email list that can be said to be top notch is quite a challenge, often taking unusually long time to complete. And needless to say, this can lead to deterred progress of enterprises.
• There is also the possibility of the email ending up in the spam folder considering the volume of messages that reaches the inbox of the recipients.
The Pros and Cons of Social Media Marketing
Social media network sites can be said to be responsible for contracting the world like nothing else. And it is this contracted virtual space that offers great marketing prospects to business organizations. And making use of this platform to market an enterprise is what the social media marketing is all about.
• Perhaps the first and the foremost positive aspect of this strategy is the exposure that it provides. Enterprises can access a hub of potential customers by means of this strategy.
• You can also come to know about the demands and complaints of the customers about your products and services via the interactive feature of the platform.
• And not to forget, it is one of the cheapest forms of marketing strategies that one could think of.
So, what are the possible drawbacks of this strategy?
• You can hardly claim copyright and there is also the fact of liability being nullified.
• Online scams and theft is again a commonplace element of this strategy coupled with the fact that you may not be able to reach your potential clients at once.
Blend Both the Strategies Successfully To Market Your Business Successfully
And now comes in the million dollar question. Which is better marketing strategy- email marketing or social media marketing? A survey conducted by Merkle “View from the Social Inbox” in the year 2010 revealed that the marketing strategy that was a combination of the two was seen to be more successful than the strategy that was based on only one of the two media. The report revealed that 42% of the users who had access to social media networking sites are more likely to check their personal emails than the 27% who don’t.
It can therefore be concluded that, choosing any one of the media for the purpose of marketing may lead to significant loss in the potential customer target. Therefore, for the enterprises to reap a more positive result, they should strategically combine both the social media marketing and email marketing strategies.
Order a Custom Logo or Graphic Design to Enhance Your Brand
No matter what type of personal brand, business or organization you are running, having a great first impression means everything. One of the best ways to deliver a lasting impression is through the use of a high-quality logo and professional images and designs throughout all of your products and branding.
Avail our best selling packages and let us help you create the ultimate user experience and company branding message you’ve always dreamed of! Or contact our graphics design team today we’ll be glad to listen you out.