Branding is about how you present yourself on a variety of platforms, locations, and forms. From your brand name and website to your brand packaging and emails, your brand should permeate everything you do.
It shouldn’t be an overt sales pitch in everything that you do. But it should be there, in the background, influencing the decisions of your viewers, subscribers, and clients.
One of the most overlooked aspects of branding is on company letterheads. It seems to have been put on a shelf in the archives by some people. But that’s a big mistake. Because a company letterhead is an important part of your branding.
Bringing Back the Dinosaurs
Letterhead is almost an unused word these days!
Technology has created an extinction effect for some of our words we once used every day. People rarely write hand-written or typed letters on letterhead in the real world. However, letterhead is still needed.
The reason letterhead is still needed by businesses these days is because you send company emails. Email has taken over as the standard for business letters. The format has not changed either. Business letters are still expected to be written with the heading at the top, as well as the date and information to the addressee on the left margin.
The body of the business letter is usually composed of approximately four short paragraphs, stating the reason for the contact and it closes with the signature section and contact information.
What has changed is the format that the letter comes from and the way it is sent.
The Importance of the Business Logo
That brings us to our main focus: your business logo. Since letterheads are still widely accepted as one of the best ways to promote and announce your branding, you need to start with your logo.
To create a letterhead with an impressive logo, consider these steps:
1. Think about the design. The design of your logo is at the heart of how your company will look on your company letterhead. So start with it. If your logo is not an attention-getter, you need to go back to the drawing board. Think about how you could improve it with more color, shapes, or lettering. Do you want to focus on the letters or the background? What is it about your logo that illustrates what your company is about?
2. Think about the surrounding colors. Once you have your logo in place, think about how you want the background surrounding it to appear. Do you want vibrant colors all around your logo or just a plain beige or white background? Think about what you want to add to your actual letterhead that will further enhance your branding.
3. Think print, as well as email format. Don’t forget that, once you design your letterhead, you may want to send some traditional print versions to local clients through regular mail. While most of your marketing will most likely be done via email these days, make sure the design you create can also be used on traditional stationery.
4. Consider fonts. Fonts help create your overall look as a brand, and they are important. Some fonts create a sense of boldness or overtness, while others take a more laid-back approach. How you communicate your logo and your letterhead helps add a sense of who you are as a company. So think about how you should include fonts in your letterhead for the best look.
5. Use a watermark. Watermarks are usually used for security reasons. But you can also use them to give your branding a little extra flair. A watermark can be created within the body of your virtual stationery or as an accent to your letterhead.
6. Make it evergreen. When creating your official letterhead, like your logo, you need something that is going to last year-round. Considering a seasonal type of logo and letterhead is not advisable since it will seem outdated if it is not the right time of year. Potential customers may think it is not applicable to the time they see the sales letter, and this could result in lost sales.
Focus on the Logo
The key to creating the best business letterhead is to focus on your logo, create your letterhead around the logo, and add color, graphics, and interesting aspects around it. You don’t want to use backgrounds and fonts that will interfere with the letter itself or seem “busy” on the page. Whether you are sending it via traditional mail or email, if the letter is illegible due to busy patterns or contrasting colors, your message will be lost in the clutter.
If you need to revamp your logo or letterhead, consider Logodesignteam.com.
We offer a wide variety of services including:
- Logo Design– If you need a new logo, we can help. We create custom-designed logos from scratch, and we use the best technology and engineering to create the best logo that will accentuate your business and reflect your branding.
- Logo Repair– If you already have a logo, but you need it redesigned or spruced up a bit, we can do that too. We will work with you every step of the way to recreate or redesign your logo. Then you can use your logo for your custom letterhead or on any of your other branding materials.
- Stationery Design– We create convenience for our customers by allowing you to get everything in one place. Ask about our stationery design. If you have your logo created with us, we can easily extend this by creating business stationery that echoes the same logo and design as your logo.
- Business Cards– We also create business cards for the business owner so you can put your branding on that too. It’s important to integrate your brand’s personality within all of your company materials that you use for promotion. Ask about our business card service.
- Brochures and flyers– If you have a special event coming up or want to advertise holiday specials or other sales, you can use our brochure and flyer service to do this. Use your professionally-designed logo to further get your brand out there to your targeted audience.
Get Your Business Letterhead and Logo Now
If you still do not have a logo, or if you have a logo that you feel does not adequately represent your brand, we can help.
We focus on helping companies realize their potential by creating professional-looking logos, business cards, brochures, and much more.
How LogoDesignTeam Helps Brands Around the World
Go online and check out our professional portfolio to see what we’ve done in the past and then contact us for a free quote.
We will work with you and get to know your business so that we can accurately capture the look you want to promote your company, whether you are online or offline.
.png” alt=”Logo_Design_Portfolio_-_Logo_Design_by_Logo_Design_Team_-_Custom_Logo_Design_and_Graphic_Design_Services_” width=”1123″ height=”671″ />
Branding does not just happen.
It starts with a plan. Get with us today and we can help you create the perfect logo and other materials that will get you out of small town thinking and into the big, big world.
Visit us today at Logodesignteam.com.
You will need us, coz the world is waiting! Time for a change. Contact now! It’s worth it!