Having a well-ranked website is imperative to an entrepreneur. If you want success as an entrepreneur it is important to have a professional website. The best websites are created when all the components that go in the designing of a website are mashed up properly. That said, with a good website, the URL functions as the cornerstone to the website, the bricks that hold it all together.
What Does The Website URL Do?
Your company website functions as your company’s home on the internet. That said, your home needs a virtual address so that potential customers can find it. The URL functions as this address and it lets the virtual population visit your website.
The URL or the Uniform Resource Locator can be defined as a string of characters that act as a reference to a particular website. Consisting of three parts, viz, the network protocol, host name and resource locator, the URL can be said to be the most important aspect of your website.
Creating the Perfect URL for Your Website
It is the URL of your website that directs the virtual population to your website. Hence, it can be easily concluded that the structure of your URL wields a lot of power in not only directing the web population to your website but also converting these visitors into potential customers.
• The length of the URL is the first aspect you have to keep in mind. While a shorter URL equates to a successful organic web ranking and user-friendly, a longer URL means all things opposite. Make sure that you are not using too many words and phrases along with the keyword in the URL as that leads to the dilution of the relevance of the main keyword.
• The URL of your website should inform the visitors what your website is all about. In other words, potential customers should get a whiff of the content of your website by merely taking a good look at the URL of your website.
• The URL of your website should not be too complicated. For instance, using a mix of the upper and lower case in the creation of the URL might lead to unnecessary complications not only in the structure but this also makes things difficult at the user end.
• If it comes to a matter of choice between using the hyphen or an underscore in the URL, it is always better to opt for the former as it has been found to be much more user-friendly.
• Going for appropriate file extensions is another important aspect that goes into the construction of a good URL. The most common ones to do the round are .html, .php and .asp.
Having a good URL for your website not only reduces the SEO problems of your website but also enhances the visitor traffic to your website. It is, therefore, important to keep certain aspects regarding the structure of the URL in mind before assigning one to your website.
Order a Custom Logo or Graphic Design to Enhance Your Brand
No matter what type of personal brand, business or organization you are running, having a great first impression means everything. One of the best ways to deliver a lasting impression is through the use of a high-quality logo and professional images and designs throughout all of your products and branding.
See for yourself- happy with your dull and drab website?
Good websites get applause, Great websites get business!
Get started NOW here!