Chances are you have recently come across a social media post which ended with a word prefixed with#, like #trump, #clinton, #life, #holidays and the like. Wondering what it is all about? Welcome to the all-new world of hashtags- the latest buzz on the social media networking sites.
Hashtags – What Are They All About?
The hashtag has become quite a trend in the virtual world. So, what are hashtags all about? Simply put, a hashtag may be defined as a word or a group of words that converts into a link when the # symbol is prefixed to it. This conversion of the word into a link makes it easier for users to look for a certain topic or subject. Hashtags, in this way, actually serves as a kind of tool for users to find out content related to the subject matter of the post. And it is on this aspect of the hashtags that entrepreneurs are banking on.
Hashtags as Social Media Marketing Tool
It may look and sound as another teenage thing, but the fact remains that hashtags have become a powerful social media marketing tool.
• A lot of business organizations have converted their motto into short and catchy hashtags in order to grab the attention of the customers. Customers are sure to be attracted to the brand once the hashtag becomes a part of every marketing campaign.
• Most of the hashtags that business organizations put to use might already exist. But the fact remains that hashtags allow entrepreneurs to bring out their creative aspect. They can always create a hashtag that is absolutely original and cool. Doing so might make the hashtag a trend in the virtual world, thus, attracting customers.
• More often than not hashtags define certain trends in the virtual world. For instance, if you come across the hashtag #kid, you can be pretty sure of the content being related to the kid zone- be it apparel, schools, toys or something else. Keeping this point in mind, you can create or use hashtags in order to categorize your brand.
• Hashtags can also be used to extend the boundary of your posts. Entrepreneurs might want to keep in mind that hashtags are quite similar to the paid keywords, except for the fact that they might already be present.
• Hashtags can also be said to be the medium of establishing a connection with your customers globally. For instance, if you organize a contest before the launch of a product, you can market the entire thing using a hashtag. Once customers get involved in the whole thing, they will come to know about your product by default. And that drives the whole point of marketing home – letting people know about your products and services and getting them interested in it.
Order a Custom Logo or Graphic Design to Enhance Your Brand
No matter what type of personal brand, business or organization you are running, having a great first impression means everything. One of the best ways to deliver a lasting impression is through the use of a high-quality logo and professional images and designs throughout all of your products and branding.