What is the primary focus of a website? To have a high organic ranking in the SERP, of course. And white hat SEO technique is one of the many ways in which they can do this. However, the attack of negative SEO can spoil all of this and pull your website out of the ranking system altogether.
Negative SEO and Its Impact on Your Website
So, what is negative SEO all about? To put it simply, negative SEO refers to the unethical techniques put to use by certain people with the aim of damaging the organic ranking of a particular website in the SERP. Also referred to as black hat technique, negative SEO can present itself in a number of forms such as viz, website hacking, building spam links, duplicating content, crushing the reputation of your website, eliminating backlinks and more.
Does negative SEO pose a real threat to a website? Of course, it does. It creates havoc on the organic ranking of a website on the SERP. A lot of companies have, in fact, have had to taste the bitter fruits of negative SEO.
Guarding Your Website against the Tirades of Negative SEO
The next question that must come in your minds in this regard is if it is even possible to safeguard your website against the damaging impact of negative SEO. Fortunately for you, the answer is yes. There are certain ways in which you can make sure that your website is spared the onslaughts of negative SEO.
• Make sure that your website is absolutely secure from the potential hackers and malware. Hackers and potential malware can destroy your websites without you even being aware of it putting it in the category of spam. It is, therefore, best if you ensure the security of your website before anything else.
• You should also be on the lookout for activities on the social networking media apart from yourself. Assess if people are talking in a positive way about your brand. If not, then there might be a possibility that your brand has been the target of the negative SEO campaign.
• Checking your content regularly is another way of preventing your website from falling into the traps of the negative SEO. Make sure that your content has not been duplicated by anybody. If your assessment shows that a large volume of your content has been duplicated, then there is a possibility of your website being targeted by negative SEO.
• One of the ways in which your website garners a lot of user traffic is by means of backlinks and it is this that often becomes the target of people perpetrating negative SEO. It is, therefore, important to safeguard those backlinks that are indispensable in bringing traffic to your website.
• What if you log into your website one fine day and it takes an eternity to log in? The internet may not always be the real reason behind this. There might be a possibility of your website having succumbed to negative SEO.
Garnering a good position in the organic ranking system in the SERP forms the primary objective of all the websites on the block. And protecting the website from the tirades of negative SEO is an aspect that needs taking care of if you want your website to achieve the same.
Order a Custom Logo or Graphic Design to Enhance Your Brand
No matter what type of personal brand, business or organization you are running, having a great first impression means everything. One of the best ways to deliver a lasting impression is through the use of a high-quality logo and professional images and designs throughout all of your products and branding.
Our team of experienced Web Designers can re-design your existing website or create a brand new, fully-responsive one from the ground up.Our design experts can create, launch and maintain high-quality, highly targeted websites for your business that are fully optimized for search engines. Click here and expect a fast-loading, secure website that can be viewed easily on every type of device, including PCs, laptops, smartphones, tablets and other devices.
Want to rank higher in Google? We create the platform to help you achieve it! Contact Us Now!