How do you know how do you know when it’s time to change your logo? Are you happy with the way things are going within your business and online presence? Do you have the quality traffic you need to drive revenue?
Could it be that your logo is to blame if your revenue is not what it should be?
Change for the sake of change is not a good reason but sometimes there are some obvious signs that you should do something different. A good example of a brand that knows how to keep their branding and logo design fresh, is Google. Does your logo get you the results you want? It is an important part of your branding so you should make sure that it is doing the job you need it to do to accomplish this. To help with this process, you can also take a look at these top companies and brands that have recently changed their logo designs. You can also read up on why and how these design changes were made as well.
Below are 7 signs that it might be time to change your logo.
1. Your logo does not get you the traffic you want. If you are not getting the traffic to your website that you need to be successful, it could be a number of different reasons. But one of the suspects could be your logo. Remember that your logo represents your brand so if your traffic is down and your bounce rate is high, your logo is one of the aspects that you definitely should look into.
2. Your logo does not work with modern media and technology. If your logo was designed several years ago before some of the new technologies, you may want to redesign your logo to fit the modern technologies instead. There are many advancements regarding graphic arts design, infographic design, and many others that you can incorporate into your site to use with your logo. In addition your logo itself could be designed to be more digital-friendly and mobile-friendly both of which are highly important in today’s digital online environment.
3. Your logo was designed on an analog platform. Even though Steve Jobs is known to have said to “plan an analog,” his result was always digital.
It’s okay for your rough draft to be done that way but you will need to update it to digital format if you’re going to be successful with your logo in a digital environment. You may also want to look into a graphic arts program where you design the logo within the digital environment using graphic tablets or other high-tech tools.
As a rule, remember that The closer you get to the end result format when you are creating your creative project, the more likely it will be that you’ll be able to assimilate it into that environment and do what you needed to do.
4. Your logo is too complex. Even though you may think that your logo does what it needs to do, if you created your logo to be too complex you may discourage many people from looking into your brand. “Keeping it simple” is an old saying that still rings true regarding any creative projects or attributes that you use with your online projects. Try simplifying your concept with your logo to make it a lot more with your business and don’t worry as much about making it the best logo that ever existed.
5. You did your logo yourself with no help. Although amazing things can be accomplished doing something by yourself, think about your skills regarding artistic design and ask yourself if you are the best possible person to hire to do your company logo. Be honest with yourself regarding whether or not you have experience in this field to really create the best design or if hiring someone else to do the job will be a better choice.
Don’t be afraid you’ll hurt your own feelings and always hire the best person for the job even if you have to cut yourself off of a certain project. We say this with tongue in cheek but you would be surprised at the number of business managers they truly feel they must do everything themselves. Learn to let go of some things to focus on the bigger things and consider hiring a professional graphic designer instead.
6. The colors are all wrong. If you have trouble figuring out which colors to use with your logo, look at your other assets regarding your branding. Do they match? Did you get across the message you’re trying to convey about your brand? There is a sign that you can go to for information about color meaning. It is a smart business owner who finds out what colors really mean before they use them in their logo. This is where professional designers can help you out a lot because they have a great understanding of universal color meaning as well as how to make it work for you and your brand.
7. You or your customers just don’t like it. Sometimes there is a time to trust the judgment of your customers as well as yourself. So take a look at your logo and ask yourself if it is attractive enough to capture the attention of your potential customers.
Also do customer surveys to find out whether your logo is pleasing to them. You need to always consider your target audience and see if they have suggestions on how it will be more appealing. Don’t be afraid to ask customers their opinion. You do not always have to do what they suggest but it gives you good insight on how your customers are thinking and what appeals to them more.
Change with a Purpose
Change for the sake of change doesn’t work and it’s never a good idea to change something just because you want to. In business, we should always have a good reason for making the changes we make and a viable plan to get there.
But if your logo is not bringing you the quality traffic you need, if you do not see correlations between increased revenue and your logo and branding, or if any of these other things are true, you may want to look into changing your logo.
This is often a good way to rejuvenate excitement for your brand and to draw in more potential customers and clients.
When you need a custom logo you can call on us at logodesignteam.com. Logo design is what we know and we enjoyed helping businesses find their voice and their branding through their logo. Remember you also need to be friendly for mobile customers and we can also help you create an icon for your mobile app that will be consistent with your brand.
Look at our portfolio on our site and see if any of these ideas appeal to you. Then write down what you would like for us to do with your logo. If you don’t know what should be done, that’s okay! We can analyze your logo, look at the colors, and other aspects of it and recommend changes that will bring you positive results.
Your brand is too important to ignore the impact of your logo. So if you need a change, contact us.
We look forward to working with you so call us today. Remember your logo might be the first thing a potential customer says about your brand.
14 66 2